Tomorrow marks our 8th month of being together but today also marks the last day I would see him for an indefinite amount of time. I graduated college and now I’m flying back to the country I was born to find a greener pasture. We kissed our goodbyes at the airport and we’ll be 8,509.5 miles away from each other with a 12-hours time difference. If a week of not seeing each other felt lonely, being at opposite ends of the world is going to be excruciatingly painful. But if my last year of college with him has taught me anything, it’s that you can’t change your circumstances, you can only change your perspective. It might be difficult, to say the least, but what’s precious in life that isn’t worth fighting for?
Having been TRULY loved by him is surely like winning the lottery, only the distance we have makes me unable to truly enjoy my winnings.
No comments:
Post a Comment