Monday, September 24, 2012

MAMA

I had this horrible dream once when I was little. I was in the cemetery, crying and looking at a coffin. I already knew who was in it so I tossed a yellow flower before it was about to be buried with dirt. I woke up trying to catch my heartbeat and realized I was crying for real. Ever since I had that dream, you would always tell me that you’d still watch over me if you do pass away but you’d pray to God that He doesn’t take you away until I graduate college. I never liked it when you talked about your death. I was so young back then when you told me all these. It’s hard to believe that you really did wait for me to graduate. Today is your burial and I hate not being able to see you before you go.

You always tell me to take care of myself wherever I go, but it should have been me telling you to take care of yourself more. I'll never forget that day I said goodbye to you before I left the Philippines. I stopped by your place and found you outside walking to buy shampoo. I miss you, Mama. You will always be remembered in my heart and you will always be my Mama. Thank you for taking care of me since I was a baby. I wish I could have been there for you more often. I know that you can finally rest in peace. No more walking around the city, okay? I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment