Friday, January 10, 2014

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

While sitting on my seat in AMC theaters, I thought, "what's up with this movie? - what exactly is the secret of Walter Mitty's life?" Well, the beginning was boring me, to be honest, I was yawning, but I was also eager to know the point of the movie so I refused to fall asleep. I wanted to know 'The Secret Life of Walter Mitty'. In the midst of the scenes, I broke into laughter and excitement. The story was finally going somewhere amazing, and I mean literally. Walter Mitty's "zoned out" moments - when he uses his fantasies instead of doing what he can, in reality, began to change. He was spontaneously traveling to places that not many people even go to - Greenland, Iceland, Afghanistan, Himalayas. He began to see the world behind his walls and in the end there really was no secret. It was all about making things happen in his life rather than day dreaming. This is an inspiringly feel good kind of movie and for two hours I felt like I was the one living in a dream.



Ben Stiller is the actor, the director, and the producer. His directing was precise and human, precious and spectacular at the same time. His character transformation is amazing - he was perfect!




The film is pure poetry and adventure. It gives a very simple message:  If you can imagine wonderful, extraordinary things, If you’re dreaming about being someone else, stop, because you’re losing time, and important moments of your real life, just embrace your envies, and take the opportunity when it’s before you, follow what you really want, and believe in yourself more than anyone, it’s the only and the simplest way to make your life your own.

The soundtrack excessively gave the scenes more drive to the adventure. It’s a plus for me considering I love indie music. I decided to upload the full album in my 8tracks: The Secret Life of Walter Mitty Soundtrack. My favorites are Step Out and Stay Alive by Jose Gonzalez, Lake Michigan by Rogue Wave and Dirty Paws by Of Monsters and Men.




Movie quotes:

"To see things thousands of miles away. Things hidden behind walls and within rooms. Things dangerous to come to. To draw closer. To see and be amazed and to feel. That is the purpose of life" - Life's Motto

"Beautiful things don't ask for attention" - Sean O'Connell

          "My mind drifts like the snow" - Walter Mitty 

"To see the world, things dangerous to come to, to see behind walls, draw closer, to find each other, and to feel. That is the purpose of life."







No comments:

Post a Comment